Traffic Violation Information


The Panorama Village Municipal Court strives to provide thorough information about traffic violations, your rights, and various options for resolving tickets. Get resources for defensive driving requirements, payment options, dismissal charges, and financial responsibility, and with court and trial specifications. Scroll down to view more about Panorama Village traffic violation details.


If you have received a citation that has been filed in the Panorama Village Municipal Court please allow five to six working days before you call for assistance. Once the citation is issued it may take those days for it to be filed (entered into the computer). The Judge cannot accept a plea on the cases until it has been filed in our Court.

For more about Panorama Village trials and court instructions, click the button below.


You can pay your citation in full on or before your arraignment date. At this time you will need to bring your pink copy of the citation and sign the back with your payment, this is to make a plea of either Guilty or No Contest. The payment can be check, money order or cash. A receipt will be given to you at time of your payment.

You can also mail your payment in. If you are mailing the payment, it must be post marked by the arraignment date, (due date) at the bottom of your citation. Please sign the back of the pink copy making your plea and mail with your payment. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH THROUGH THE MAIL. You may request a receipt of your payment by including a note stating so. If we do not receive such note we will not mail back a receipt. The court address is:

City of Panorama Village Municipal Court, 99 Hiwon, Panorama Village, Texas 77304 – Phone 936-856-2821.


In order to request a payment plan, you must appear in person on or before your arraignment date and make your request before the Judge. If he grants the request you will be required to make your plea and sign the contract assuring your payments to the court. You will receive a copy of the payment plan and this will need to be brought with you each time you make your payment. If you mail in you payment you must write the citation number on your check or money order in order for the court to process your payment.



  • Defective Brake Lamps $259.00
  • Defective Tail Lights  $259.00
  • Defective Headlamp $259.00
  • Defective License Plate Light $214.00
  • Defective Turn Signal $259.00
  • Expired Registration $206.00


  • Turned Right from Wrong Lin $234.00
  • Failed to Indicate Turn- $234.00
  • Disregard Stop Sign- $284.00
  • Drove Wrong Way One Way- $234.00
  • Pass Where Prohibited- $284.00
  • Improper Start From Park- $234.00
  • Seat Belt Violation- $159.00


If you are Charged with Speeding your Calculations are as follows:

  • Speeding – $214.00 For the first 10 Miles and each additional mile is $5.00 per mile over.
  • Speeding In a School Zone – $234.00 For the first 10 Miles and each additional Mile $5.00 per mile over.


  • No Drivers License $181.00
  • Allowing Unlicensed Person to Drive $181.00
  • Violate DL Restriction $161.00
  • Expired Drivers License $161.00
  • Fail to Change Address on DL  $161.00


  • Fail to Maintain Proof of Financial Resp. $306.00
  • 2nd Violation- $381.00
**Important Notice-  Please note that third and subsequent violation convictions of Fail to Maintain Proof of Financial Responsibility will result in suspension of your driving privileges (suspended drivers license).  If your license is suspended for this violation and you are stopped by the police during this time you will be arrested and charged with a Class B misdemeanor. You cannot request defensive driving for this charge.

For any violation fines not listed above please contact the court at (936) 856-2821.


You can request defensive driving to take care of your citation. This can be done either in person or by mail. The requirements are as follows:

  • You must have a Texas Drivers License
  • You cannot have taken the course in the last 12 months for another citation
  • You cannot be going excess of 25 miles over the speed limit
  • You will need to get a certified copy of your driving record from the Department of Public Safety, the form will be supplied by our court when you request the course.
  • There is a fee you must pay the court assessed by State. The fee is as follows:
    • $144.00 All charges except Speeding and School Zone Violations
    • $144.00 Speeding NOT IN A SCHOOL ZONE
    • $169.00 Any school zone violation
  • You must sign the green affidavit and that must be notarized. It states that you have not taken the course in the last 12 months for another citation. If you come in person this office has notaries that can notarize the affidavit for you. If you mail this you must make sure that you get the form notarized or we CANNOT process your paperwork.
  • You must show proof of Financial Responsibility
  • You cannot have been charged with the following:
    • Fail to stop and render aid
    • Fleeing from a Police Officer
    • Reckless driving
    • A serious traffic violation under the CDL Law, Section 3(26).

Once the court has processed your paperwork, you will have 90 days to complete the course and turn your proof of completion of defensive driving and your certified copy of your driving record into the court. This proof will be needed before we can dismiss your citation.


If you have received a citation for the following, you can request dismissal of these with proof of correction. Some will require a dismissal fee, please note the ones that have the fee. Equipment Violations, i.e. head lights, tail lights, turn signals, etc.

Expired License Plates $20.00 Dismissal Fee
Expired Drivers License $20.00 Dismissal Fee
Fail to Change Address DL $20.00 Dismissal Fee
Equipment Violation $10.00 Dismissal Fee
Fail to Display DL on Demand $20.00 Dismissal Fee



If you received a citation for failure to provide proof of financial responsibility, you will need to bring your proof to the Municipal Court. You must have had financial responsibility at the time you received the citation. When you show proof to the court, the clerk will call the insurance company to verify proof, so please make sure your insurance company’s phone number is on your card. If you did not have insurance at the time but have since acquired insurance, you will need to bring that proof to the Judge and acceptance of that proof will be at the Judge’s discretion.