Trial Information


If you made a plea of not guilty before the Judge on your arraignment date and you spoke with the Prosecuting Attorney and you were given a trial date, you must appear on that date at 5:00 p.m. Trials are usually set for the second Tuesday of the month. If you have any witnesses that you would like subpoena in reference to your case, you will need to get the list of witnesses, their addresses and phone numbers to the Court Clerk, Celaida Dejoie 936-856-2821 or her e-mail address is, at least ten days (10) before your trial date.



You may request time served if you have been incarcerated for the violation in which you have been charged. If you were arrested and released on a Promise to Appear, you must bring proof of you time in jail on that charge to the Judge on your arraignment date. The Judge cannot grant time served without proof.

Need additional help? Get more information about Panorama Village traffic violations by clicking the button below.


The date at the bottom of your citation is your due date or Court Arraignment date. It is a date that you will appear before the Municipal Judge and make a plea of guilty or not guilty. This date is usually on the second Tuesday of the month at 5:00 p.m. If you are pleading NOT GUILTY, you will appear before the Judge and he will let you speak to the Prosecutor before you are given a trial date. If you are pleading GUILTY, you can request one of six options:

  • Pay in full
  • Payment Plan
  • Extension of time to pay in full
  • Deferred Disposition (if you DO NOT HAVE A COMMERCIAL DRIVERS LICENSE) and $20.00 for equipment violations.
  • Dismissal with correction of charge and dismissal fee of $ 20.00 (Expired Motor Vehicle Inspection, Expired Registration or Expired Drivers License) Time Served when incarcerated with proof of incarceration.


Jury Trials are set on the second Tuesday of the month. This is where you will have 12 citizens in which you and the State will be able to voir dire (question each citizen on their being able to be a fair judge of your case, example: have you ever received a citation for speeding, or do you know the officer). The State will be able to strike three and you will be able to strike three. At this point the clerk will take the strikes away and will pick the first six jurors to preside over your case. They will hear the case and will make the verdict on your case and if your found guilty they will access your punishment (fine).


Jurors are requested to be in court at 5:00 p.m. at the Panorama Village Municipal Court Building, 99 Hiwon, Panorama Village, Texas 77304. All jurors appearing in Municipal Court are paid $6.00 per day and upon request will be given an excuse form for their employer. Disobedience of a juror summons is punishable as Contempt of Court with a minimum fine of $100.00 and a maximum fine of $500.00.


  • At least 18 years of Age
  • A U.S. Citizen
  • Lives within the corporate limits of the City of Panorama Village
  • Is of sound mind and good moral character
  • Is able to read and write the English language
  • Has not been convicted of a felony


  • Is a full time student with proof
  • Over 70 years of age
  • People who have legal custody of children under the age of ten (10) and are unable to leave them with someone.
  • If you are no longer a resident of the City of Panorama Village
  • A caretaker of a person who is invalid and unable to care for him/herself.


Bench Trials are set on the second Tuesday of the month at 5:00 p.m. This is where the Municipal Judge will hear your case and access your Judgment. If you’re found guilty the Judge will access your punishment (fine).

You will be able to question the officer and witnesses. The State will question them first and then you will be able to question them. It is best if you have your questions listed before trial since most people will represent themselves (Pro Se). You can testify yourself but you are not required to and this cannot be held against you. If you have witnesses subpoenaed and you question these witnesses, the State will be able to question them also.

If you are found guilty of what the State has charged you with, you will be given a chance to appeal your case to a higher Court. If you appeal you must pick up an appeal bond from the Municipal Court, fill it out and return it within ten (10) consecutive days. If it is received late, it will have to be approved by the Judge.

Municipal Court is usually the first and only Court that people will come in contact with. At one time or another, we will most likely receive a traffic citation and the Municipal Court or Justice of the Peace Court will be the only Court we as a people will have contact with.