PARKS & RECREATION
Panorama Village is proud to be the chosen home to hundreds of growing families. The county feels the easy lifestyle and close proximity of excellent schools, both public and private, contribute to the continued popularity of Panorama among families.
The Panorama Village City Council is assisted in their work in the Parks and Recreation arena by a hardworking group of folks who are keenly interested in providing for the recreation needs of all Villagers. The Committee has excellent leadership in its Chairman, Joe Watson. Many, many others have contributed to the development of Parks and Recreation in Panorama, and continue their valued service to the community. We like hearing from you, so please share your thoughts with us!
PANORAMA VILLAGE PARKS
A new park designed for joggers and outdoor fun for all, Apache Park is designed with a jogging path, exercise stations, play structures which include boulder climbing, rock climbing and activity equipment, benches, seating, water fountains, plenty of shade and off street parking.
Located at the “Y” curve at Panorama Drive and Greenbriar, Schroeder Park is designed as an activity center; a place to meet and visit, as well as jogging paths, exercise stations, lighting, seating, and other amenities.
Currently boasts a basketball court, swings, slides, and play structure in a fully fenced area. Upgrades to the park include a covered structure to providing shelter from the hot summer sun, benches, water fountains, etc.
Located directly across from The Village Golf Club, and adjacent to the swimming pool is the pavilion, a large covered area with picnic tables, a Mother’s shelter, restrooms, etc. Contact City Hall for information on private rentals.
This area also includes a park designed with our younger residents in mind, including climbing activities, merry go round, swings, and more. Park benches beneath huge oak trees make it a popular destination for one and all.
2018 – SUMMER POOL PROGRAM
The community pool will be open on Saturday May 12th, 2018 and every weekend after until Sunday September 23rd, 2018
- Official Opening June 2, 2018 – August 13th, 2017
- The pool will only be open on the weekends starting August 13 – September 23.
- Monday – Closed except for Holidays
- Saturday, 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Sunday 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Labor Day Weekend – Sept. 3, Open from 10AM-8PM
- Armbands can only be purchased at City Hall
- Price is $25.00 per armband up to five; thereafter $10.00 per armband
- Ages 2 & Up. Armbands must be worn at all times – NO EXCEPTIONS
- If you lose your Armband, there will be a replacement Fee of $25.00
- Guest/Daily Pass $5.00 per day. Nonresidents are $50.00 per armband
**Lifeguards will check for armbands at Safety Breaks. If you do not have an armband you will have to pay $5.00 to swim for the day or exit the pool.
NOW HIRING LIFEGUARDS
Pool Season is approaching fast and we’re looking for lifeguards for this 2018 Pool Season. If you have an interest or know of someone who is, they can apply at the link in the picture or Aquatic Management of Houston.
Some of the benefits are:
- Free Uniform
- Blended Lifeguard training
- Very low lifeguard class fee for employees
- Min of $8.25 per hour for first-year Lifeguards with a $0.50 per hour bonus potential $25.00 gift cards if they refer a friend and an end of season $1,000 gift card drawing
- Bi-weekly lifeguard appreciation days